13.1.12

Entry 511

"What do you mean you don't accept un-agented submissions?" I shouted into the telephone. I was already angry as it had taken me hours to actually get a real person to the telephone and now the lady had the audacity to lie to me.

"We have never accepted un-agented submissions," the voice on the other end of the line replied. "I'm sorry if there's been a misunderstanding but..."

"But it says right here on your website that you welcome submissions from anyone."

"No it doesn't!"

"Yes it does!" I shouted even louder than before. "Right there on the bottom of the page at www.publishyoutoo.com, right where everyone can see it."

"Sir," the voice at the other end replied, "this is Random House and that is not our website. Good day!"

Wow, I thought as I heard her slam the phone, my first unintended casualty in Operation Enduring Digitarti is me.